2.05.2011

cockroaches

I retract my earlier statement about not having seen a cockroach in the house since receiving the mothballs.  Just found one in the absolute worst location: my bedroom.  Biggest one yet, and did you know they flipping fly?  I'm taking out my earrings, exhausted, ready for bed and found it on the ceiling.  I immediately called for Joey, who came up with the bug spray - he hit the bug and it took off flying.  F-L-Y-I-N-G.  I ran to the other room and I hear him using my favorite four-letter word repeatedly. 

Me (screaming): "Why are you saying that?" 

Joey: "I can't find it." 

Me (still screaming): "Find the flipping thing." 

Joey: "I'm trying."  Eventually I hear the flap of his shoe.  And then again, and again, and again, and again.  "The damn thing won't die!" 


Its finally dead, and I even took a photo of it and the carnage it left in our bedroom from Joey's search.  FML.

2 comments:

  1. Give yourself another couple months and it will be you, war cry and all, going after these dasterdly buggers! Really, in the future you'll be like, "that's a bug? that tiny, boring thing? that doesn't even qualify". But I must admit the flying ones are a bit freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch your "potty mouth!" Your dad just asked me what "FML" meant!

    ReplyDelete